Historic Nashville is happy to announce that the Anne and Mignon Nixon and Clark Family Trust donated a Preservation Easement for the historic Betty Nixon House near Hillsboro Village, forever saving the landmark from demolition. Owned by former Metro Councilwoman and preservationist Betty Nixon from 1971-2016, the nearly 100-year old home marks the 18th easement donated to HNI. Located at 1607 18th Avenue South, the Colonial Revival-style home was constructed of hand-laid stone in 1925 for Thomas O. Bagley, a local cotton merchant. The property was also owned by Mrs. Elsie Caldwell Buntin from 1951-1971 and by John Trice Nixon, a U.S. district judge, and his wife Betty Chiles Nixon, a well-known neighborhood leader who represented District 18 on the Metro Council from 1975-1987, and twice ran for mayor. This house served as headquarters for Nixon’s political campaigns. “We are thrilled that the house is to be protected in perpetuity through a preservation easement,” stated Mignon and Anne Nixon. “And, we are profoundly grateful to Historic Nashville for helping secure this tangible legacy of our mother’s extraordinary life and commitment to Nashville’s neighborhoods.” “We are grateful to be involved in helping preserve this beautiful architectural landmark, which helps tell the story of women’s history in Nashville,” stated HNI president Jenn Harrman. “Betty Nixon was a longtime leader in the local preservation movement, and we are honored to help preserve her legacy.” #KeepNashvilleUnique #ThisPlaceMatters
...House in downtown Nashville, plan to house three businesses in a pair of buildings at 1910-1912 21st Ave. S. in Hillsboro Village. It's the site where the duo previously had floated plans for...
...the space in 2015, when the duo purchased  two buildings located at 1910 and 1912 21st Ave. S.